top of page


Our licensed, structural engineers make a site visit to the property. We survey the areas of concern and assess the severity of the structural problems in question.

After a site investigation is conducted, our structural engineers prepare a structural engineering report outlining onsite findings, identifying the probable cause of the structural issue and recommendations for remediation of any structural deficiency un-covered. We provide our clients with a photograph log documenting existing conditions at the time of the site visit. We provide third-party inspections for, but is not limited to, the following:

  • Foundation

  • Framing

  • Wind Strapping

  • Existing Foundation

  • Existing Framing

  • Pier inspections

  • Pre-pour inspection evaluations

  • Reinforced Footings

  • Reinforced Driveway

  • Reinforced CMU

  • As-built

Inspections for Buying/Selling of A Home:

In many instances, we are called to evaluate a potential problem un-covered after a home inspection. In this scenario, the homeowner is usually selling their home. After a general home inspection is complete, sometimes a structural engineering inspection is also warranted. If this is the case, the home inspector will include this recommendation in his or her final home inspection report. Home inspectors are not qualified to assess and diagnose structural problems. Only a licensed, the structural engineer can provide accurate assessments and solutions for a home buyer or seller.


Inspections for Proposed Renovation Projects:

If you are planning on renovating your home and it involves removing or cutting into load-bearing walls, adding living space by way of 2nd story renovation or addition with great rooms containing wide open spaces (no supports), a structural engineering consultation is warranted. If you are extending your living area, you will require design and engineering for permitting documents. Your local building department will require a licensed, professional engineer stamp any new construction or major renovation.

Complicated structures or projects involving older homes (constructed before 1970) may also require early input from a structural engineer. Many times, homes constructed before 1960s-70s were built without prescriptive building methods. Today, state and local building codes exist to ensure contractors and home builders follow a set of pre-determined guidelines for building a home. A licensed, structural engineer is the best professional to assess the feasibility of any major home renovation project. A site visit can be conducted to evaluate potential, structural issues.

What other residential home issues require a licensed, structural engineer?

  • In the event of a natural disaster which caused damage to your home

  • Foundation wall cracks, settlement or movement

  • Interior cracking and framing movement

  • Sagging or bowing floors or walls

  • Termite, carpenter ant or rot damage

  • Undersized and damaged framing members

  • Sinkholes and soil concerns

  • Roof failure

  • Building collapse

  • Flood, fire, water or high wind damage

LSC LOGO 2018 color no background.png
bottom of page